- “Through this Mastery Programme our year 8 cohorts use of mathematical language is far superior to many of our KS4 pupils of similar ability. It is definitely a Work Group that we would recommend.” (Maths Lead, Borehamwood)
- ” The impact on learning was immediate and measurable. I have begun developing mastery in my team. They love it!”
(Maths Lead, Royston)
SECONDARY ADVOCATE APPLICATION (still recruiting)
Secondary maths teachers whose schools want to introduce and embed teaching for mastery can nominate two teachers (Mastery Advocates) to join a Work Group.
In a Teaching for Mastery Work Group you and your subject leader will:
- have a deep understanding of the principles and practices associated with teaching for mastery.
- develop effective teaching, planning, and assessment strategies that support teaching for mastery approach.
- pupils develop a deep, secure, and connected understanding of the maths they are learning
- pupils achieve both conceptual understanding and procedural fluency
- pupils enjoy maths lessons and have a positive attitude to learning the subject.
You will be part of a locally-based group of teachers who meet regularly to develop professional knowledge and expertise, as well as receive bespoke support.
If you are interested in finding out more about our Secondary TfM Development Work Groups in 2021/22, please click on the link,
or email our Teaching for Mastery Lead firstname.lastname@example.org
or complete an EOI and email to email@example.com and someone will get back to you.