Developing A-Level Teaching
This is a free CPD course timed over three different days to unwrap and understand the pedagogy required for A-level Mathematics.
Sessions will include:
- Understanding Cognitive load theory
- Interleaving Retrieval Practice
- Example Problem Pairing
- Spiral/Cyclical Learning
- What OFSTED look for in an A-level lesson
- The three overarching themes of the new A level syllabus
- Current A-level educational research and what it means for teachers
- Learning from the examination reports 2019
In our first session, we will also have the opportunity to work with the Casio – CG50 calculator and how it can be used to facilitate effective examination response.
Whether you are new to A-level teaching or an experienced colleague, you will gain something out of this work group so book now to avoid disappointment.
Date of first meeting:
Friday 15th November 2019
(The second and third sessions dates and timings will be agreed with the participating cohort).
09:00am – 3:00pm
The Bishop’s Stortford Baptist Church,