This project offers focused support to those who lead mathematics across multiple schools within a MAT, to enable them to better understand and develop effective maths pedagogy approaches across those schools. It will also support participants to develop their role as a leader of system change, curriculum change, and teacher professional development.
Whilst those who lead maths across a MAT are often the subject lead for both primary and secondary, the key focus for this programme is their work with secondary teachers, although consideration will be given to transition and how the different phases relate to each other. Additionally, focusing on developing skills with one phase is likely to impact positively on work with other phases. Participants will engage with a centrally-led programme offered nationally, with the potential for regional provision dependent on numbers.
Who can take part?
The project is for those who lead maths across multiple schools within a MAT, including at least one secondary school.
What is involved?
There will be a single programme model which will have the following elements:
- three one-day national/regional workshops
- online community
- participants carrying out and evaluating their own improvement initiatives, both in and between sessions.
The programme will be delivered nationally or, if numbers permit, in regional locations in the North, Midlands and South.
What will you learn?
- promote and develop a shared vision for effective teaching and learning in maths
- ensure that there are approaches in place to support the work of all secondary departments within their MAT through continuing professional development and collaborative working across the MAT
- work with subject leaders across their MAT to lead and manage maths teaching effectively and to develop teaching for mastery approaches within their own departments
- have a clear understanding of the leadership and management skills required to enable them to effectively promote and develop teaching for mastery approaches within their schools
- understand the benefits of collaborative professional development for sustained development of professional knowledge and practice within a department and across groups of schools.
What is the cost?
The Secondary Maths MAT Leads project is fully funded by the Maths Hubs Programme so is free to participating schools.
How to enquire?
Please complete the expression of interest form below. Please note that this is not a confirmed booking, just an enquiry.